Sunday, April 25, 2010

To(o Much to) Do List

Excuses? I got em! According to my planting plan I should have had just about everything planted by now, however, Mother Nature and my work schedule had other ideas.

So, in order to try to get things under control, I'm going to try to focus my activities into a managable to do list for the week so I can feel like I'm making progress.

Monday:
*plant tomatoes DONE
*plant dahlias & leftover bulbs DONE (thanks to Bill)

Tuesday:
*mow garden (if I can find a mower to borrow since ours is broken) DONE (Thanks Jennifer & Dan!)
*unload compost from truck DONE
*build remaining rows in Quad 3
*plant okra & squash

Wednesday:
*fill potatoes trenches
*top-dress rows between potato trenches
*plant beans & corn in Quad 2

Thursday:
*spread compost over Quad 4
*till Quad 4
*build rows in Quad 4

Friday:
*plant summer squash & soybeans in Quad 4

Weekend:
*plant winter squash & beans in Quad 4
*weed
*fertilize throughout

This is probably a very overly ambitious list, especially considering that I'm working extra hours this week AND I have several evening errands to run in town. Keep your fingers crossed for me, and I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's a BIG "To Do" list, girl!! I know you'll make lots of garden progress this week, and it looks like the weather is going to cooperate, at least until Thursday. I've got another block of corn to go in then I'll build the hills for pumpkins, watermelon, and cantaloupe in another section of the yard (they never stay in their own areas, so I decided to relocate them out of the "organized" garden! :)

    ReplyDelete