Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Biscuits



I'm pretty happy that Joe is in a school program not only for the education, but for the festive holiday celebrations. The Halloween party was last week and each family was tasked with a treat to bring. I signed up for vegetables, because I am a masochist.

I thought the best way to get kids to eat anything containing a vitamin or mineral on Halloween was to put it in baked-good form. So we made sweet potato biscuits shaped like pumpkins with raisin features. I thought the orangey color and sweeter taste would compete with artificial treats.


I used this recipe due to its use of whole wheat flour, but we got harder, flatter biscuits than I expected. The recipe is probably fine, but ideal conditions probably do not include a Joe "helper." They were edible and we had fun making them, so I guess that's all that matters.



No comments:

Post a Comment