Sunday, September 18, 2011

Things That Are Gone

-Hokie
-The rabbits
-Bill's job in Oklahoma
-My remote job(s)
-My home office
-Black widow spiders
-My vegetable garden
-Expendable income
-Lonliness
-My feeling of isolation from people who have similar social and political leanings
-The need to fly across the country 5-6 times per year
-The shed
-Our once-in-a-lifetime friends and neighbors, who were like candles in the window on a very dark night
-The ability to see for miles in every direction
-My ability to stay home with my children, which was why we moved to Oklahoma in the first place
-My big, brand-new kitchen and acres of counter space
-Our big garage
-The idea that there is a limit to what I can do when pushed
-Our hybrid car
-Any remaining faith in the old truck to safely transport the children anywhere
-The accident-free record for my Matrix
-Owen's first carseat, having performed its most important function
-All of our contingency plans
-Joe, the Baby



1 comment:

  1. Aw...he'll always be "Baby Joe" to us! This is an amazingly simple, yet powerful post.

    ReplyDelete