Thursday, November 19, 2009

Deep November

While we wait patiently for the temperatures to drop ever-so-slowly to the freezing point, the Animal Kingdom of the plains seem to be soaking in every drop of Indian summer.

The birds are reluctant to make the trek south.
The butterflies insist on drinking the very last drops of nectar to be found.

The cat languishes in the abundant, slanted afternoon sun.

Everything I have read suggests a harder than normal winter to come, but I guess I shouldn't believe everything I read. What are things like in your neck of the woods this deep into November?

1 comment:

  1. Love your pictures! Near OKC, I spend the entire summer dreaming of building a fire in the fireplace and settling down on a frigid day to watch movies. Unfortunately, these days usually come during the week, when I have to slide around like a pig on ice just to get in my eight hours.
    I don't care, though, winter can't come too soon for me. We should not be able to wear a t-shirt and shorts at Thanksgiving and Christmas....
    The Trail Boss - http://alltrailsleadhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete